Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Agent Challenge

Okay, so I had this great idea for an Agent Challenge and it seems to be flopping. What was this great idea you ask, well I was hoping to enlist an agent to read through a query (just one) and give his/her response. Okay big deal right. Well then I wanted them to read the entire novel and give their impression. Basically see if they would still accept or reject the book.

The agents that I have spoke to don't really like this idea, and I can understand why. Their point is it is hard to determine if you have made a right choice until sales are in. What I had hoped to do with this challenge is prove how important a killer query letter is, and even with a perfect query you can still get rejected.

The query/book I was hoping to use for this is a soon to be published romance...not written by me. It is amazing and every test reader (all fellow writers) have been blown away be the novel. The plot, character and excitement of this story promises to take your emotions on a roller coaster ride. The author has her readers laughing out loud on minute and the sobbing the next. Your heart races at the anticipation of what comes next and you fall in love with the characters...even if you don't want to.

So what is this amazing book I am talking about you ask. Author Kathi s. Barton's 'Nickolas - A Grant Brothers Novel'. To be released later this year on e-book and trade paper back through World Castle Publishing. The Grant Brother's book is a six book series following each one of the brothers.

I am still hopeful that I will find an agent to accept this challenge and then we can go over some of the do's and don'ts of querying. Either way I am very happy for Kathi Barton, and look forward to the many great stories she will have to share with us. Congratulations on yet another contract and great story Kathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness. -Steve Maraboli Come join my new blog on...