Friday, April 29, 2011

Interview with Kathi S. Barton Author of 'Blood, Body, and Mind - an Aaron's Kiss Novel'

Good friend of mine, Kathi S. Barton releases her first full length novel this weekend, and I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to talk with Kathi about being an author and her upcoming books. 'Blood, Body and Mind' releases this weekend and is classified as a Dark Fantasy that includes Vampire, Magic, and increasing heat levels. There are more than a dozen books in her Aaron's Kiss series and she also has a great line of romance novels called 'The Grant Brothers Series' also releasing later this summer. Kathi promises to keep us entertained and romanced with her amazing talent. Now with out further ado lets meet Kathi and hear what she has to share with us.
 

Can you tell us about your book, and is it available or when it will be released?

The first book in the Aaron's Kiss series will be released on Saturday, April 30th

What elements can we look forward to in your book?

Vampires, magic, romance, sex.  I think there is a little of everything in them all.  I'm especially proud of this one, its the beginning.  And I love Sara and Aaron.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Seriously?  It would have had to of been when I realized that I could entertain myself with them.  It was a blast creating whole lives and events that were only mine.  The story just wanted to be told and I thought I could do it.

How long does it take you to write a book?


Depends on how many I have going at the time.  I've written as many as five at a time.  Just recently I wrote an entire series in less than four months.  The Grant Brothers Novels.  Six brothers, six stories and their relationships.  I love those men, but I think that Jamie was my favorite -- so far.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?


I write when I can.  I don't have a set schedule.  There are always stories moving around in my mind, getting them straight.  When I have a few minutes, I put to paper what I can.
  
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?


I have to have everything just so. I have to have a neat desk, my fan on (even if its not blowing on me), and all my pens nearby.  I'm very OCD in that things have to be in order.  It doesn't matter if I'll use all of it, it just has to be neat.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?


The stories are there.  The people know how they want thing to go, but I find tid bits of stuff, sayings and humor from everywhere.  I overhear something here, one of my kids will tell me a story about someone.  I love to use them.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?


Just a little less than two years ago and I was about to turn fifty. 

What do you like to do when you're not writing?


Play with my grandchildren.  They are the best.  And a great source of humor for my books.  I have a character named Duncan that I find myself using my grandkids to model him from.  He is so childlike.

What does your family think of your writing?


They are very proud of me.  None of them except for Dale has read any of it (my daughter says that when she reads the sex parts, she can hear my voice saying it and it creeps her out)  My husband has read a few of the stories as well.  But they are proud.  I love them for that.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?


That people actually like them.  I know that sounds silly, but I never dreamed anyone would enjoy reading them as much as I did writing them.  It makes me feel so great when someone begs for more (sometimes they even nag me to finish one so they can know what happens next.)

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?



I have about thirty books in various stages of complete.  Most are "finished" in that they tell the story, but a lot of them need more details and edits - can't for get the edits.

Do you have any other books available or soon to be released?

Yes, besides the Aaron's Kiss, Blood, Body and Mind I have Book one in another series "Nickolas - the Grant Brothers Novel" that will be out this summer and then Devin's story (Nicky's brother) to be released this fall.

Can you tell us a little about you publisher(s)? 

I have currently have three.   World Castle Publishing, Hellfire Publishing and Vamptasy Publishing.

What do you think makes a good story?


A beginning.  Tell it from the beginning and you'll have me hooked.  I love to read and haven't found a genre yet that I don't enjoy, especially if it's told right.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?


Happy.  I didn't have the greatest of childhoods and I just wanted to grow up and be able to be happy.  And I've done that.  Everyday I'm so thankful for what I have become, what I have and for those that love me.

Who is your favorite Author and what is your favorite story?


That would have to be who I'm currently reading. Like I said, I love to read. Right now I'm reading a lot of new authors stuff.  Great stuff too.  Before this, I was re-reading a who series that I dearly love, Christine Feehan.  There are so many that I love.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us today?

Yes, be kind to yourself.  And buy my book.  lol

I would like to thank Kathi for taking the time to share with us, and I have to say I am so excited for her release. I wish Kathi all the success in the world, she deserves it. So with that, I would like to congratulate Kathi and invite everyone to check out the HellFire Publishing website and pick up your copy of Kathi's e-book and view the many others they have available. 

1 comment:

  1. Well I noticed there was a problem with my post and none of the questions showed up....well all is fixed now and it may be a little easier to read now. Sorry about that :)

    ReplyDelete

New Blog

Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness. -Steve Maraboli Come join my new blog on...