Sunday, December 18, 2011

Interview with Margaret Millmore

Thank you for joining us today, I’m so excited to have you hear and know my readers will enjoy it as well.

About you:
Can you tell us a little about you? I’m a native Californian and have lived in San Francisco for the last twenty years. I’m married to a wonderful man (19 years now) and enjoy reading and writing fiction.
What quality do you most value in yourself? The world is a brutal place and at every turn in life, there is something or even someone that wants to knock you down, but I won’t let it happen, my glass is eternally full and I thrive on optimism. In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about? Reading, creating art via painting (canvas and furniture and anything else that will stand still long enough to be painted) and my family and friends, they are my lifeblood.
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life? My marriage and my relationships with my family, and of course completing and publishing my first book.
Why do you write? Fictional thrillers, with a touch of the paranormal What is your greatest strength as a writer? I’m not sure yet, but I hope it’s the ability to entertain the reader and keep them turning page after page.
Is there any new or established author whom you feel deserves more attention, and what is it that strikes you about his or her work? My cousin, Sharon Owens, she is an Irish author of 7 books (2 of which are best sellers), they’re wonderful journeys of life and love. Although she’s quite popular ‘across the pond’, American readers are missing out on her wonderful works. What book(s) / author(s) have influenced your life and writing? Stephen King, Ray Bradbury and Dean Koontz, there are others but those are the top three.  

About Writing:
Do you follow a regular routine? I try to write in the mornings and do any promotional work in the afternoons, for the most part that is my routine, but life often throws me a curve ball and it only works about 2/3rds of the time.
What motivates you to write? I’ve been making up stories in my head since childhood, when the opportunity to write came about, I jumped at it, and I love it. The very act of getting these pesky stories out is my motivation and of course I have an enormous support structure in my family and friends and they are amazing in their encouragement to me.
Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? Yes, when I get stuck, I stop and re-read what I’ve written, then I ponder it for a day or two, more often than not, the block disappears and I can continue.
Do you have any advice for other writers? Don’t give up! Its hard work, but anything worth doing always is.
What are your current / future projects? I’m currently working on my next book, a fictional thriller based in San Francisco, but it’s too new to discuss at this point, so stay tuned...   About your book: Can you tell us a bit about your book? It’s a thriller based in San Francisco about a woman who wakes from a coma to discover her life is not what she remembers. As she tries to put the pieces back together she discovers clues to horrible experiments that had been and could still be taking place. Murder, distrust and a husband she doesn’t know drive her to discover and stop the horrible things that are happening.
What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it? Aside from the good versus evil aspect, there really isn’t a specific message. The reader’s reactions have been positive so far, many have enjoyed the fast pace and unpredictable ending. 
What do you think readers will find most notable about this book? I hope it’s the entertainment factor that the story provides, that was my goal. I didn’t want to bog down the reader with deep thoughts and complicated jargon, I just wanted to take them away for a while, make them care about the characters and what happens to them.
What would you most like readers to tell others about this book? Naturally I’d like them say they loved it! But I’d also like them to say they couldn’t put it down, that it entertained them and that they would recommend it to others.
How can readers help you promote this book? By spreading the word of course, currently the e-book is on sale at Amazon for $2.99 through the holidays, if that’s a success I would consider extending the sale.  
Where can readers find you and more about your book(s)? Where can they purchase your book(s)? www.margaretmillmore.com, FB: Margaret Millmore, Twitter: mmillmore My book is available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, World Castle Publishing and just about all other online retailers.

Thank you again for joining us today, I've been looking forward to reading your work. I wish you much success and happiness. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and I think your books will be a great addition to any book lovers shelf. I hope you will come visit us again.


1 comment:

New Blog

Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness. -Steve Maraboli Come join my new blog on...