Thursday, April 12, 2012

Meet Author G.R. Holton

I am proud to introduce you all to G.R. Holton a wonderful author from Wolrd Castle Publications. Thank you for joining us today, I’m so excited to have you hear and know my readers will enjoy it as well.

About You:
Can you tell us a little about you? Well I am 50 years old and happily married to my soul mate Charlotte. I have 3 children and four step children. I am also the proudest Grandpa Fuzzy of four beautiful little granddaughters.

What quality do you most value in yourself? I would have to say the fact that I go out of my way to please others. I get true satisfaction by hearing those two special words “Thank You”.

In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about? I am very passionate about my volunteer work in my town here. I am on just about every board and  am always looking to find ways to make the town better.

What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life? Actually, winning three awards for my writing is what I am most proudest. That and surviving to be able to say I am 50.

Why do you write? I write as a therapeutic way to combat my severe Bipolar disorder. It allows my brain to escape and be in places that I have never been before.

What is your greatest strength as a writer? My greatest strength is also my greatest weakness. I don’t read much and on one hand that makes all my writing very fresh unlike anyone else’s style, but it hurts me in learning sentence structure and usage.

Is there any new or established author whom you feel deserves more attention, and what is it that strikes you about his or her work?  Sorry on that one... I don’t really know this answer. I have a couple great friends in World Castle that are excellent writers and can’t pick one above the other. I would say that they really spend the time describing their stories and characters until you become one of them.

What book(s) / author(s) have influenced your life and writing? Of course the Bible... Stephen King’s Needful Things.... George Orwell...Isaac Azimov... But those were required readings in High School, but they really stuck with me.


About Writing:
What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? My writing is usually done at 5 – 8 hour spurts...one day I will write until I drop and the next few days won’t write a single word. Those are my marketing days and town volunteer days.

What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for writers? A thesaurus is highly necessary. You cannot write a good and interesting chapter reusing the same old dead words. The other is patience! Take your time and do it right.

What motivates you to write? I am motivated to see what the next weird thing I can come up with. The stories motivate me to do something completely out of the box.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? Writer’s block is when my voices refuse to speak with me. When that happens I usually just stop writing, go into Facebook and start working on promotion.

Do you have any advice for other writers? Three key words: Faith, Focus and again Patience. Have faith in what you are doing. Keep your focus on what you are trying to accomplish, and patience to wait to have it right.

What are your current / future projects? I am in heavy edit on a second edition of Guardian’s Alliance and Dragon’s Bow. I am also beginning to work on the screenplay for Deep Screams and the sequel to it called “Silent Screams”.

About your book:
Can you tell us a bit about your book?  My latest work is called “Dragon’s Bow”. It is a fantasy classic about good vs. evil, sister vs. sister. What happens when a Dark Wizard impregnates a White Witch? You get a set of twin girls that until they are 16 are the epitome of good. That is until one is touched by the wizard’s stone turning her pure evil. The only way to change her back is to kill the dark wizard with the dragon’s bow. But can you get it in time...stop your evil twin...and then have to kill your true father in the process?

What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it? Good will always defeat evil...as long as the heart is in the right place.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I had to do a lot of research on the monsters and characters for this one...something very foreign to me in my other works.

What do you think readers will find most notable about this book? The descriptiveness. I am really going into great depth to describe the characters and surrounds. Something I have felt I lacked in some of my other works.
Have you acquired any good anecdotes surrounding this book? If so, could you share one? Beware what you don’t know to be true. Fight for what is truly right.

Did researching and writing this book teach you anything or influence your thinking in any way? Yes I learned a lot about character description and that a good folklore makes a good monster.

What would you most like readers to tell others about this book? That it is truly a classic storyline that is also very imaginative.

Can you suggest one question readers might find interesting to discuss, concerning you, your writing in general, or this book? How can someone with such a severe disability write. I say that you need to channel your attributes and allow them to work for you.

How can readers help you promote this book? They can buy the book, the special Dragon’s Bow glasses that will be available before the book is printed, and tell their friends that a new fantasy author has come out of the depths of Science Fiction to write a truly inspiring fantasy.

Where can readers find you and more about your book(s)? Where can they purchase your book(s)? The best place to find all my books is on my website www.grholton.com or at www.worldcastlepublishing.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness. -Steve Maraboli Come join my new blog on...