Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review Bloodlines by Lindsay Anne Kendal



Keira Jameson used to lead a normal life, she just had a gift, passed down through the generations of her family. 

Now, after hearing voices, having strange dreams of others calling out to her, and her grandfather's last words haunting her, she sets out to find other families like hers. Along with her best friend Lily, the only person outside her family to know about her gift, Keira begins a hunt for her ancestors. A chance meeting with a young man, Lucian Turner, sets them on the right track, but their discoveries change the way Keira will see herself for ever more. 

Fear, superstition and heritage are shaping Keira's future and she must face her enemies, even if this could mean losing her life. 

Through loss and love her destiny becomes inescapable. 

Part Buffy-style horror, part tender romance, Bloodlines will have fans of the genre on tenterhooks waiting for the next instalment of this gripping and hell-raising tale.



My Review - 4 stars


I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but have been wanting to read it for a while now. I got sucked in right form page one and never let go. Bloodlines is an exciting story about some young adults that are in the process of discovering their magical powers that have been passed down from generations before them. Now they need to find out where the power originated from and what to do with it.


Bloodlines has so many interesting plots and twists I can't even begin to name my favorite. The author has you cheering for one romance and then ten pages later wondering if another route would be better. I love stories like that. 


When I first started reading I thought "Secret Circle", but WOW I was so wrong. This book has everything and any paranormal lover would love it. The author is great with her action and leaving the reader saying 'just one more chapter'. 


For those readers that are picky about editing, you will be pleased. This book is very well edited with only one or two typos. Now I did have a few little grips, but really nothing major. I found that some of the terms/slang used were not suited for this book. The story takes place in Salem and the author is from the UK. Now not that there is anything wrong with the words used, I just think they are more commonly used in the UK than in the US. I haven't met many Young adults/teens that use words like rubbish, or fancy. Some of the other words are right, set off and cuddle. All perfectly good words, just used a little different here. Sometimes I found this distracting and it would pull me out of the story a little. Not a huge deal though because one sentence later I was sucked back in.  


Lindsay Anne Kendal  has done an amazing job of creating her own world and making the vision come to life on the page. There were a few spots I wish she had used more description, but that could have made for a very long book. The flow was perfectly paced and when I did have to put this book down, all I could think about was when can I read more.


Lastly, I love first person narrative but it can be difficult to pull off sometimes. The author has done a great job of pulling this off. I did find a few areas where I felt the story was being told rather than shown to me, but really who cares? This was a great story and I loved it so much I had to begin the second book Torment the following day.


This is a great book you don't want to miss out on. The story Ms. Kendal has created is amazing and I love her visions on magic, heaven, hell and friendship. Pick up Bloodlines today and get swept away into a new realm you probably never wanted to visit before.   



3 comments:

  1. Charlotte, thank you so much for you kind words and for taking the time to review my book. I'm so glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that your e-mails show up with black lines and white overlaid print? It makes it very hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome Lindsay. Nora emails, do you mean subscriptions? I will try to fix it with my next posts. So times when I copy and past from amazon it gets all messed up.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog

Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness. -Steve Maraboli Come join my new blog on...